Looking for a quote, inscription or epitaph to engrave on your loved one’s cremation urn? We understand how overwhelming that task is. View our best 50 cremation urn quotes and inscriptions. Discover heartfelt expressions, wise words and humorous, yet endearing epitaphs.
Everyone deals with grief and loss differently. While some say goodbye with good humor, others feel a profound sense of loss and need words to express their sorrow.
There is no right or wrong when it comes to cremation urn epitaphs. Heartfelt, thoughtful, irreverent or funny choose the inscription that best honors your departed loved one.
- Most popular inscription – Forever in our hearts.
- Spirtual favorite – In God’s care.
- Best funny urn epitaph – I finally found my niche.
- Any cremation urn can be customized with a quote.
- Consider chosing an epitaph as part of Advanced Care Planning.
50 Best cremation urn quotes
Popular Memorial Quotes
- Forever in our hearts.
- Forever loved.
- Rest in peace.
- Beloved _______. (mother, father, brother etc.)
- In loving memory.
- Faithful & loving ______. (wife/husband)
- Until we meet again.
- I will love you forever.
- He asked for so little and gave so much.
- She loved life and it loved her right back.
- Life is short. Choose happiness.
- That we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose.
Love becomes a part of us.
- Together for eternity.
- You are not forgotten, loved one
Nor will you ever be
As long as life and memory last
We will remember thee.
- There is a link death cannot sever,
Love and remembrance last forever.
Last Word – Inspirational Quotes
- When tomorrow starts without me, don’t think of us as apart because I’ll still here in your heart.
- Although I won’t be in your next chapter, turn the page anyway.
- Miss me for a little, but not too long.
- Generous of heart,
- Great love lives on.
- Love you always.
- So loved.
- Of tender heart and generous spirit.
- An inspiration to all.
- A friend to many and sadly missed.
- A dear Husband, Father and Grandfather.
- A beloved Husband, Dad and Grandad.
- A loving Wife, Mum and Grandma.
- Our darling daughter.
- A devoted Son.
- I will hold you in my heart until I can hold you again in Heaven
- With all my love, walk with your Angels
- We know you’d be with us today if Heaven weren’t so far away.
- In God’s care.
- Generous of heart, constant of faith.
- Trust in God
- And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest
- The Lord is my shepherd.
- May heaven’s eternal joy be thine.
- Faith points to hope above the skies, where virtuous friendship never dies.
- Absent from the body, present with the Lord
Funny Cremation Urn Quotes
- I made some good choices
And I made some bad choices,
But I really landed in a hole with this one.
- Reincarnating…be right back.
- I finally found my niche.
- I’d rather be shopping.
- Follow me at your own risk.
- Wife, Friend, Lover, Psycho
- Damn it’s dark in here.
- Gone fishing.
- It does my heart a world of good
see you in a box of wood.
- Finally, some peace and quiet.
Epitaph Date Formats
Although there are no set rules as to what is engraved on a cremation urn, it is customary to include the birth and death dates. The most popular epitaph date formats include:
1/1/43 – 12/31/99
1/1/1943 – 12/31/1999
Jan. 1, 1943 – Dec. 31, 1999
1943 – 1999
You know your loved one’s favourite food. You’re pretty sure about their bucket list. But are you prepared for life’s toughest decisions following their death? Why not ask your loved one what quote they’d like engraved on their cremation urn or burial casket. As difficult as the conversation might be, Advanced Care Planning helps family members and medical teams make timely decisions according to a loved one’s last wishes. Find out more (Australia) & (America). Some also refer to Advance Care Planning as a Living Will.