What better way to honour your loved one’s life than with beautiful urn quotes. Yet, selecting the perfect memorial inscription can be challenging. That’s why we’ve put together a list of 60 popular urn quotes to inspire you.
From epitaphs expressing love and loss through to hope, peace and faith – we know you’ll find the right words to engrave on your departed loved one’s urn.
But the most fantastic thing about our list is how many heartfelt emotions the urn quotes convey in so few words.
Whether you choose one of the popular urn quotes listed here or write your own, the perfect urn inscription is at your fingertips.
Most popular urn quotes
- Forever in our hearts.
- We miss you and love you always.
- Nothing can ever take away a love the heart holds dear.
- Those that touch our lives stay in our hearts forever.
- In loving memory.
- Faithful & loving wife.
- Until we meet again.
- I will love you forever.
- Gone, yet not forgotten.
- Until we meet again.
- He asked for so little and gave so much.
- She loved life and it loved her right back.
- Forever loved, never forgotten.
- That we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose. Love becomes a part of us.
- Together for eternity.
- You are not forgotten, loved one. Nor will you ever be. As long as life and memory last. We will remember thee.
- There is a link death cannot sever; love and remembrance last forever.
Inspirational last word quotes
18. When tomorrow starts without me, don’t think of us as apart because I’ll still be here in your heart.
19. Although I won’t be in your next chapter, turn the page anyway.
20. Miss me for a little, but not too long.
21. Generous of heart,
22. Great love lives on.
23. Love you always.
24. So loved.
25. Of tender heart and generous spirit.
26. An inspiration to all.
27. A friend to many and sadly missed.
28. When tomorrow starts without me, don’t think of us as apart because I’ll still be here in your heart.
29. Although I won’t be in your next chapter, turn the page anyway.
30. Miss me for a little, but not too long.
31. Generous of heart,
32. Great love lives on.
33. Love you always.
34. So loved.
35. Of tender heart and generous spirit.
36. An inspiration to all.
37. A friend to many and sadly missed.
Memorial quotes for Grandpa (or Grandma)
38. To the world you were one man, but to me you were everything Grandpa.
39. Grandpa, you are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure.
40. In memory of a life so beautifully lived and a heart so deeply loved.
41. There are special people in our lives who never leave us, even after they are gone. I love you, Grandpa.
42. You taught me everything Grandpa, except how to live without you.
43. Grandpa, you brought wisdom, happiness, warmth, and love to every life you touched.
44. If memories could build a path, I’d walk right up to Heaven and bring you home, Grandpa.
45. A dear Husband, Father and Grandfather.
46. A beloved Husband, Dad and Grandad.
47. A loving Wife, Mum and Grandma.
48. Our darling daughter.
49. A devoted Son.
Spiritual Cremation Urn Quotes
50. I will hold you in my heart until I can hold you again in Heaven
51. With all my love, walk with your Angels
52. We know you’d be with us today if Heaven weren’t so far away.
53. In God’s care, you rest.
54. Generous of heart, constant of faith.
55. Trust in God
56. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest
57. The Lord is my shepherd.
58. May Heaven’s eternal joy be thine.
59. Faith points to hope above the skies, where virtuous friendship never dies.
60. Absent from the body, present with the Lord.
Waggish Cremation Urn Quotes
- I made some good choices
And I made some bad choices.
But I really got burnt on this one.
- Reincarnating…be right back.
- I finally found my niche.
- I’d rather be shopping.
- Follow me at your own risk.
- Wife, Friend, Lover, Psycho.
- Damn it’s dark in here.
- Gone fishing.
- Joke’s over. Let me out, now!
- Finally, some peace and quiet.
How to choose a memorial quote
We all want to remember our loved ones in a way that feels meaningful and comforting. So it’s understandable if you’re still unsure which urn quote is best.
Try asking yourself, ‘What saying gives me the most comfort?’ Alternatively, seek the guidance of a close friend or family member.
Creating a shortlist of your favourite quotes will be easier with some gentle guidance.
What’s important is that the memorial quote you choose reminds you of all the beautiful memories and laughter you once shared with your departed loved one.
That’s why we suggest aiming for an inscription that not only honours your departed loved one’s memory but helps you move forward with courage and strength.
Today, when people make a Will, it’s not uncommon for them to include details about their funeral—whether that means cremation or burial. Some even list their preferred headstone or cremation urn inscription, knowing it will ease the burden for grieving loved ones.
Rebecca from Arizona shared this story with us.
“Mom left clear instructions in her Will for her body to be cremated. But when we read what she wanted us to engrave on her cremation urn, we cried. Mom requested: Finally, a smoking hot body.
We felt the inscription didn’t reflect the depth of our love and respect. Yet, that was Mom all over. Even in death, she was larger than life.
However, Mom’s reasoning became clear many months later. As the pain of our loss began to dull, we realised that we smiled every time we read the inscription on her urn.
Mom’s last wish was for us to remember her vibrant personality and uplifting sense of humor.”
Alternatives to engraving directly on an urn
Engraving a quote onto your loved one’s urn is a great way to personalise it, but do you know what type of urn material works best with engravings?
Most recommend choosing quality wood or brass urns. But what if you’ve fallen in love with a modern, contemporary ceramic urn?
Or what if your urn of choice features a vibrant pattern likely to make an engraving hard to read? Does that mean you can’t add a personalised engraving?
The best solution is to purchase a gorgeous nameplate pendant suitable for engraving that you can attach to the urn.
Now you’re no longer limited to choosing metal or wood urns with a plain surface suitable for engraving. Instead, you’re free to explore modern designs and exquisite ceramic and marble urn urns along with contemporary styles made from sustainable, eco-friendly, biodegradable material.
Visit our website Eulogy For Life, to see more of our hand-selected cremation urn recommendations.
Get more great tips from:
How to choose a cremation urn.
Low-cost cremation urns with style.